Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Split: php error / warning after updating to Astra 2.2

This support ticket is created 4 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.82 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I have this error, too.
It appears if I update Astra Pro Addon to v2.2.x . I get this error on the frontend of the website:

Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, cannot access private method Astra_Addon_Background_Updater::needs_db_update() in /../../../wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-theme-settings/compatibility-modules/controllers/toolset-theme-integration-settings-front-end-controller.php on line 363 Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, cannot access private method Astra_Addon_Background_Updater::needs_db_update() in /../../../wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-theme-settings/compatibility-modules/controllers/toolset-theme-integration-settings-front-end-controller.php on line 363 Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, cannot access private method Astra_Addon_Background_Updater::is_db_updated() in /../../../wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-theme-settings/compatibility-modules/controllers/toolset-theme-integration-settings-front-end-controller.php on line 363 Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, cannot access private method Astra_Addon_Background_Updater::is_db_updated() in /../../../wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-theme-settings/compatibility-modules/controllers/toolset-theme-integration-settings-front-end-controller.php on line 363

If I revert back to Astra Pro Addon v2.1.4 --> all is fine. So Astra made an Update of the theme yesterday. See: hidden link The error must be in the Pro Addon - not in the theme itself. Because I can use the Astra Theme v2.2.0 without any problems. Only if I update the Astra Pro Plugin the error appears...

This is what I get via e-Mail "The site is experiencing technical difficulties." :

Fehler-Details
==============
Ein Fehler vom Typ E_COMPILE_ERROR wurde in der Zeile 47 der Datei /../../../wp-content/plugins/astra-addon/classes/class-astra-addon-background-updater.php verursacht. Fehlermeldung: require_once(): Failed opening required '/../../../wp-content/plugins/astra-addon/classes/library/batch-processing/wp-async-request.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php')####

Will there be a fix on Toolset, soon?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I confirm the issue when Astra Pro addon plugin Version 2.2.2 is installed and activated.

As soon as I deactivate the Astra Pro addon plugin, the warning disappears.

I've escalated the issue to our next level support, I'll get in touch with you as soon as I know more.

Thank you Minesh,

I reached out to Astra Theme Maker, too. They were able to reproduce the problem and said that it is something that needs to be fixed in the Toolset Views Plugin. This is what I got for an answer:

" After debugging we tried the same on our side and was able to debug this issue on our end. It looks like the plugin ToolSet Views is giving a call to Astra Pro's private functions due to which you are seeing these warnings.
We have contacted ToolSet plugin developers regarding this and provided them with all the details.
In our opinion, this issue should be ideally resolved from their end. Though we are in communication with them. "

So any news from your next level Support about this?

Thanks and best regards,
Manuel

Minesh
Supporter

Thank you for updates.

Our Devs are working on the fix and as soon as they share the hotfix I will get in touch with you. You should expect it soon, by tomorrow, if everything goes well.

Ed

I just installed the updated Views (3.0.2). The problem still exists.

Minesh
Supporter

Our Devs shared a hotfix that will help you to resolve this issue. Please try to follow the instructions given with the following link and try to apply the patch that should help you to resolve your issue:
=> https://toolset.com/errata/php-warning-when-using-astra-pro-plugin-and-toolset-views-or-blocks/

Just FYI: I had the same issue on four websites. This hotfix has appeared to work for all of them.

I installed Views v3.0.2 --> problem still exists.
I installed the hotfix --> problem is gone. So this is working, thank you!

So I hope that the hotfix will be integrated in the next Views Plugin Update, will it?

I have installed the hotfix and I am still having the error. Specifically:

"Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, cannot access private method Astra_Addon_Background_Updater::needs_db_update() in /home/glancelo/public_html/ihanalifestyle/wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/vendor/toolset/toolset-theme-settings/compatibility-modules/controllers/toolset-theme-integration-settings-front-end-controller.php on line 363"

Running Astra 2.2.4 and Toolset Blocks 1.02
Installed the hotfix toolsetthemes-170.zip contents as described.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do?

New threads created by Minesh and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-php-error-warning-after-updating-to-astra-2-2-3/

Minesh
Supporter

@manuelr-6:
Yes - the fix will be shipped with the next official release that should happen by early next week. Please feel free to close the ticket.

andrewF-6:
I've split the ticket and I will handle your issue wih that ticket:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-php-error-warning-after-updating-to-astra-2-2-3/

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Minesh
Supporter

I would like to inform you that the fix for the issue is shipped with Views version 3.1.0.

Could you please update ALL Toolset plugins to it's latest officially released version. You can download the latest plugin release from your accounts page:
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.