Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Split: Map not showing properly on Safari, Firefox, and Google Chrome

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hey Shane,

So, using the sidebar editor for the map, I've placed the zoom level to "5." The zoom level is adjusted whenever I'm using the search box on the actual search results page. However, when I use the search box on the home page, it still goes to a really high zoom level once it redirects to the search results page.

Attached is the zoom level you can see it's adjusting to once using the search box from the home page.

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jason,

Can you provide admin access to the site so that I can have a look at this further for you ?

The private fields have been enabled.

Thanks,
Shane

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Shane is off for a couple of days, so I'm taking a look at this.

Maybe you have been making changes to your site, because I don't see the map at all.

On the homepage there is a View ("Properties with Pagination") added in Elementor, set to only show the search filters and to display results on the page Properties Search Results, where the full View is added.

But editing the View I can see a shortcode to add a map marker in the loop section, but no shortcode to add the map itself, and if I visit the page on the front end I don't see any map.

Can you direct me to what I should be looking at?

Hey Nigel,

I used the Toolset block editor to create a content template for the Search Results Page. If you go to content templates, you can locate it under "Properties Search Results." This is where the classic view "Properties with pagination" was added along with the map. The marker code that's currently in the loop editor was there when I was trying to add the map to the view using the classic editor. I tried deleting that to see if it would fix the problem, but then the markers stopped loading properly.

The issue is when I use the search box on the home page. When you use it by typing in "Austin" or "Europe" and click the Search button, you'll notice it will take you to the Search Results Page. This is good, however, you'll also notice that the zoom level is at a very high level-- different than what is set in the block editor for the map (currently at 5).

This issue does not occur when you're using the search box on the actual search results page. It appears only when using the search box on the Home page.

I hope that clears things up.

Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jason,

I went ahead and did a quick test on my end to see if this issue is replicable.

Even with elementor setup this still isn't replicable. What I would recommend doing given that i'm working on a clean install is to temporarily disable all the non-toolset plugins and run the search again to see if any plugin conflict can be causing this issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.