Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Sorting resets when pagination is used

This support ticket is created 6 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 6 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hello,

I just found out that the sorting that I have on my custom search resets every time I go to a new page using pagination.

hidden link

You can see this issue here.

Please advise.

Dear Michael,

I assume you have put the Views pagination shortcodes outside the "Filter Editor" section,
If it is, that will conduct some unexpected results, for example the problem you mentioned above.

See our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-pagination/#inserting-pagination-controls
section "Inserting Pagination Controls":
you can add pagination controls in the Filter Editor section.

Luo,

No, I have the sort controls inside of the Filter Editor, and pagination resets my sort selection.

Luo,

To give you more detail:

1.) The pagination resets my custom search.
2.) My custom search resets my pagination, and we are taken back to page 1.

I have the custom search in the filter editor, and I have pagination in the Filter and Loop Output Integration Editor.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

In case it is a compatibility problem, please try this:
1) deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again
2) If the problem still persists, please provide a database dump file (ZIP file) of your website in below private detail box, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks

Thanks for the details, I am downloading the file, will feedback if there is anything found

Here are what I found, since you provide the database dump file of another website, I assume we are talking about the view "Product Category Archive"(ID 637), and page "cookware".

I tested it in my localhost:
Import your database dump file in a fresh wordpress installation + the latest version of plugins:
Types + Views + Woocommerce Views + Woocommerce + WordPress default theme 2017

Q1) The pagination resets my custom search.
It works fine in my localhost, here is the detail steps I tried, please correct me if there is anything missing:
a) Open URL:
hidden link
in the search form, field "Product Categories" choose option "Serving Dishes"
b) click the pagination link "Next", I can see the option "Serving Dishes" is still checked.

Q2) My custom search resets my pagination, and we are taken back to page 1.
That is expected result, if you do anything new custom search, it will be able to reset the pagination, since if you are doing any different search, views will output different result, so the pagination reset.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.