Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Sorting in table by taxonomy

This support ticket is created 2 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 2 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 12.53.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 12.43.04 PM.png

I am trying to edit this page in the screenshot attached. The table heading is built in the view this page is using, and the table data is populated by a content template. The "Project" Column is the one I would like to be sorting, alphabetically. The data in each table row I would like to be sorted by the projects header is in the bottom left corner of each table row (Three pillars, Corcoran, etc.). The shortcode I am using in the content template to populate this section is [wpv-post-taxonomy type="project" format="name"] and the code being used for the view utilizing this content template is in the second attached screenshot. For some reason the project wpv-post-taxonomy doesn't seem to be connecting to the Projects head for sorting (even though I am able to click the heading to sort ascending or descending), while the rest of the table headings, when clicked, will accurately sort the content in its respective column (ascending or descending). Preferably, the Projects would also be automatically sorted by default when the page is loaded. I don't know if this is possible with toolset alone, but once the data is sorted by project, it should then be sorted by Type -> Issue.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Actually, the thing is that you can not order your post by taxonomy as its not supported by Core WordPress.
=> https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/classes/wp_query/#order-orderby-parameters

You can say its limitation from WordPress itself.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.