Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Sort by View

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 37 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by igorL-3 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the patience, not sure what is happening here but it seems as if the orderby setting isn't being respected from the custom code.

I will need to do some debugging on a fresh site to see if I can replicate.

As soon as I have any information I will let you know.

Thanks,
Shane

I think, as you pointed out, the ordering in the VIEW pannel is overwriting the ['orderby'] param that I set. I'm guessing something in the VIEW code is setting it's own sorting param because there is a param added to the query_args['wpv-orderby'] that contains the ordering set in the VIEW pannel.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Igor,

I'm able to replicate the issue on a test site so i've escalated this to our 2nd tier team so that they can do some further checks.

I will keep you posted on any update that they provide.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you Shane!

Since you now see the issue independent of my implementation can I remove the stripped down site I've uploaded to demonstrate the issue?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Igor,

I would recommend still keeping the site at least until I get some feedback from our 2nd tier which should be around monday.

Thanks,
Shane

Hello Shane,

I see Toolset released new update. I have uploaded the new versions onto my dev private site which made no difference. this is a full non-stripped down site which I have uploaded so that Toolset can have access. I haven't touched the stripped down site. So can I assume you still had no feedback about the sorting issue or should the new update have fixed it?

thank you in advance

Shane
Supporter

Hi Igor,

I've checked with our 2nd tier team on this one and they had a look.

They advised that you should lower to code priority to 101 and this should resolve the issue.

So your hook declaration should be

add_filter( 'wpv_filter_query', 'filter_by_url_param', 101, 2);

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you Shane!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.