Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Sometimes CRED Form settings are changed during the upgrade process of Access

This support ticket is created 6 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 10:00 - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Author

Dear support,

Christian Cox asked me to open a new ticket regarding this issue I have with Access:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/access-can-no-longer-control-permissions-of-a-custom-post-type/#post-581921

Note that I have already provided access to the staging site in question, so please use all the related info of that thread.

Regards,
NG

Hello NG,

I'm Mohammed, the Toolset support team leader. I will do my best to help you.

Currently, I'm trying to replicate your issue on my local install.I will post you an update here ASAP.

Thanks.

Hi NG,

I installed access, CRED and assigned different capabilities to the existing user roles.
Then, updated from access 2.4.3 to 2.4.3.3 . I didn't succeed to replicate the issue.

Could you please guide me to replicate this issue so that I can be able to debug it?

I will be waiting for your reply.

Thanks.

Hello Mohammed,

Thank you for testing it! Actually – as I pointed out in my original post – it does not happen during each update process and so far I have no clue why and when it is going to happen. I just keep my finger crossed each upgrade.

I know that this is the worst kind of issue report possible but I thought you might want to be aware of it so that it can be a signal that something is not ok.

I only have one idea which might make a difference or it might not: on the production site we still use php 5.6.x but my local environment is running php 7.022. However, I get no related error messages whatsoever so this difference is probably irrelevant.

regards
NG

Hi NG,

I really appreciate that you reported this issue because this actually what makes our products better.

For now, we don't have specific criteria to reproduce the issue because I tried to upgrade from different lower to higher versions of access.

Anyway, I will keep this issue in mind hopefully I can find some way to replicate it.

My only advice here is to upgrade the PHP version. this is very important and it may fox the issue out of the box.

Please feel free to report this issue again here in the support forum.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.