Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Some Custom Posts are now returning an errror Unknown modifier 'a'

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 8 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by christopherH-3 8 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: view a custom post created in Types

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see:

Instead, I got: Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Unknown modifier 'a' in /home/fhlinux140/o/owenwhitemanagement.com/user/htdocs/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/types/embedded/includes/fields/wysiwyg.php on line 153

We stopped developing the site a few weeks ago, and everything has been fine, now this issue has arisen apparently spontaneously, and only for three custom ARTIST posts out of around 25 on the site. Can you advise?

Also i am unable to update the plugin because of the bug telling me my website is not registered.

Thanks
Chris

actually i am now finding more and more custom posts of ARTIST type have developed this bug. We haven't changed anything in the code.

C

I've now also noticed that one of my custom post types now fails to stay 'active'. You can click activate again and again, but it goes back to 'inactive'

I have resolved the custom post type not staying active issue, by using the the drop down bulk action function.

The FTP details for my site are

host": "213.171.193.5”,
"user": "owenwhitemanagement.com <hidden link;",
"password": "******",

Would you be able to manually update the plug-in for me to overcome the 'un-registered' bug?

Thanks

C

Dear Chris,

I hide your FTP password for security reason.
Please try this:
1) deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme,
2) enable wordpress debug mode, repeat the actions you mentioned above, and post the debug logs here.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-types-and-views/

We need to know if there is any compatibility problem in your website, thanks

My developer was able to fix this this morning

Thanks
C

Hi again, sorry although we have been able to solve the initial problem described above. I still have the problem of not being able to update to the newest version of TYPES - can you please assist with this? Thank
Chris

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.