Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Some bootstrap issues

This support ticket is created 5 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ljuba 5 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

"Views in View Bootstrap" (TOPIC) not working (for me). I tried in two ways and zero progress.

One is to create (ie Room Amenities) Post View of (single) Taxonomies Views (should be right approach). Ideal will be if (single) Taxonomy View will be in one column and that Post View will sort them in 4 (or 2, depends) columns. However, Bootstrap refuses to handle (single) Taxonomy Views in more than one column. So, it load nested Views, but just in one column (whatever number I set).

Second way was to directly create Post View with belongs taxonomies (so, without creating single taxonomy views), where Bootstrap logically should to load 4 columns (as it is initial (only) View), but again, ZERO (show all in one column).

One View, produces One Loop.
If you insert this Loop to any other Loop, hence, insert a View to another View, then the Loop of the nested View will execute for each item of the parent Loop.
(for example you could have a list of posts and child posts beneath it)

This is hence not possible to populate a parent table, with content from a child view, by splitting it over different columns.
That would need to be done on the very View level you edit, hence in the child View.

Each View's Loop determines it's output/design/layout.
If you want to have a certain output in many different columns of a View, you would need to re-insert the content so to display it in each column, logically

But I may understand, please feel free to correct me in case I did not grasp this correctly.

101.png

I already wrote that I can see only two options:

1) To make single taxonomy View for each taxonomy and than to nest those Views within 'main View' (post View), what I successfully did with Policies, but there I didn't need to mess with Layouts and Bootstrap (and was all about fields and not taxonomy).

2) Second is to make Post View with Content Template for post taxonomies.

DIFFERENCE

There should not to be any difference in display as it should be for Bootstrap same what should to sort in 4 columns (nested Vies with one column or single items with/without row separator).

OUTPUT

In both case, View Bootstrap drop me out single column (not 4 columns). I can change Bootstrap setting in whatever way, including number of columns, it remain 1 column. In settings is set that "Toolset should load Bootstrap 3.0". So, there is no 2,3,4,... columns, always is only one column.

LINKS

To avoid conflicts, I created tests.

Test Content Template is hidden link (all taxonomis are separated by br / and intentionally only "Instalaciones" are left non-formatted that you can see how all is in 1/4 of page)

Test View is hidden link (I set display in filter for specific post, to enable display on test post)
Nested view is hidden link (I set display in filter for specific post, to enable display on test post)

Test Elementor Template is hidden link

Test post front is hidden link

BTW - I attached also (I think obvious) eventual BUG image of Bootstrap Loop Output. One "/div" is extra (see red rectangle) and I pointed what I think that is problem (red arrow). It is irrelevant what option of Bootstrap is, always is same issue.

Ok, thanks.

In this View:
hidden link

You use this CT:
hidden link

The other View you linked is not inserted in any other View or CT in this scenario and not used here.

The Information you display with this View:
hidden link
I inserted to the page here:
hidden link

So now we have the output of that view, other views are NOT related to this View, since they are NOT inserted to this View or CT.
The information output by that View/CT in hidden link, are:
wpv-post-taxonomy items
(hence, terms of a taxonomy assigned to the current post in that Loop)
They are separated with a Break tag (new line)
This means, this CT, will output EACH term that is assigned to the post, on a new line.
It does this, for EACH post in the View.

That View is told to show the posts in a col-sm-3 grid.
Each of those columns will hence hold once the Output of the post as styled in your CT (hence, terms, all on new lines)
And it does that just fine.
But, that View, since it's querying Habitaciones, as related to the one single "Habitacion double", it can only output one post.

In fact, I added for you the shortcode "[wpv-found-count]" to the View before the Loop, you will see, it shows "1" (post found).

So, the CT can be shown just once, there is nothing to show for col-sm-3 2, 3 and etc.

You would need more posts or, if you want your TERMS in a grid, then you need to code that into a Taxonomy View OR in to the content template as it belongs to ONE post.

The red highlighted HTML is known to us, it's only on those complex grids and won't break the setup.

Sorry, but this is a HUGE MISUNDERSTANDING.

1) I created Test Post and assigned Habitaciones to the post exclusively for purpose of 'isolation' from eventual conflicts of other content of 'native' parent post - Alojamientos.

2) I removed 'break' separator in CT (if that is the problem, but it is not). Still come out only one column.

3) "You would need more posts...."

No, I don't need more posts, as goal is to display 8 groups of taxonomies in 4 columns. I tried to do it in 2 ways (to not repeat) and in both case I have output in only one single column (instead of 4).

Since it is about amenities taxonomies (8 groups of amenities) of the ONE SINGLE ROOM (post), we do not need another post of Habitaciones. So, View should be within the Room, as 8 groups of taxonomies belongs to each room. View should to display 8 groups of taxonomies within the Single Room Post (here - Test Post - also in real part of site - in Habitaciones - ie Doble or Familiar).

4) "or, if you want your TERMS in a grid, then you need to code that into a Taxonomy View..."

YES, THAT I NEED. But how to do it, when I can make only View with ONE SINGLE TAXONOMY GROUP (I have 8)???

5) "OR in to the content template as it belongs to ONE post."

That was the second way (described before) how I tried and SAME ONE COLUMN (not 4).

That is not possible like this.

A post View, loops posts, as many times it should.
A taxonomy View, does the same with Terms.
A taxonomy View cannot query many taxonomy.

If you need such an output as you describe you need to output EACH single Taxonomy (terms) in such a layout.
Then, insert EACH of those taxonomy Views to any part where you want to see them.

But each taxonomy needs to produce it's own loop, there is no way around that, unless you want to apply (elaborated) custom code.

OK

That's all how I figured (thought) from begin and for such reasons I created 8 Single Taxonomy Views (STV). Than I tried to place those 8 STV in ONE SINGLE POST VIEW (SPV). For that reason I titled topic as I titled. I expected that this SPV will equally to distribute 8 STV in 4 columns (ie 2 in first, 3 in second, one in third and 2 in fourth), but that is not happening. All going in ONE SINGLE COLUMN.

So, I can manually to try to distribute 8 groups (STV) in 4 columns (what will remain fix distribution), but it NEVER WILL BE EQUAL as NOBODY CAN PREDICT what hotel and what room will have what kind of amenities.

In other words, if I will manually place 2 groups in first column and room don't have neither one single amenity, column will remain EMPTY (second ie - FULL, third ie - EMPTY, ....). Briefly - UGLY.

To resume, ==> Is it the way to equally distribute XXX numbers of single taxonomy views (in - ie - 4 columns)?

BTW - when approximately should to be launched Types fully compatible with Elementor (as you wrote before)?

Well, Elementor is in beta as far I know with the features added (some Bugs I think are known)
From our end there is not any left as far I know since the things will be adde to Elementor as widgets, or in their Dynamic tabs for the fields

This should not be too far away - a few days?

001.png

1) Thanks for info.

2) I decided to set Room Amenities in different way (see at hidden link - for now main template, instead Negocios - under Habitaciones - "Ver mas"). So, from that point of view, we can close the ticket. However, I would like to know is it possible to set multicolumn View of nested Taxonomies Views (too look similar to image 001). You can see that single taxonomies (Views) are set in one column and than (those single Views) are grouped/distributed in 3 columns.

You can nest views within views, so for example if you have a Post View and several taxonomy Views that show taxonomy data related to the post in the loop, you can add some (custom) HTML to the post markup that shows the several Taxonomy View Results in a column like layout, but that is not possible like this with just one view.

I don't think that you understand me. I did it (I created Post View with nested 8 taxonomy Views) and it shows only one column of those taxonomy Views (instead 4 columns).

To resume. I wanted to have 8 Taxonomies Views of single column (no problem to get it) and than to place that 8 Taxonomies Views as nested Views within Habitaciones Post View, but in 4 column. Whatever combination I do, it appear only in one single column (what sounds logical as all single checked taxonomies appears only once and View sort them in first column - so, no data for nect columns).

In other words, I think that I understand the problem, but I don't have any idea is it solution for it (and how exactly it looks).

Yes, this is correct.
Each view, nested, outputs as many times as there is a parent loop, the exact output if it's own loop.

So, if there is just one item to go through, it can not generate more columns on the fly.

That is why I say, you need to add that manually
You can only "generate" a dynamic amount of (any) loop as many items there are.
If you need more, or less than that, you cannot do that in a automated loop but would need to hardcode the HTML.

I hope this is clear, please let me know if not

Yeap. I get that from begin (in some other words), but I just wanted to know is it possible, as it will be than perfect kind of display, but... nothing is perfect. I guess that I can close the topic. Thanks for explanations and help and time.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.