Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Social Warfare plugin injects buttons into View placed in email notification.

This support ticket is created 5 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by seanM-7 5 years ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Things are looking better with the update! But there is still an error that I'm getting.

I'm using a plugin called Social Warfare which injects social media sharing buttons to the bottom of pages. It is adding it's html to the bottom of the view that is sent out via email. The plugin has settings where I can choose which post-types I can add it to, and it will automatically inject itself into the top or bottom. I've got everything deselected, so it doesn't show up anywhere else on the site, yet it's still showing up in the view when sent via email. The Social Warfare settings don't see the Views so it's not showing up in their settings. An interestingly, when I tell the Post Form to send a test email, the Social Warfar injected code does NOT show, only when someone fills out the form.

Yeah it sounds like a compatibility problem with the other plugin, but I wanted to make sure the patch didn't allow injections into the email that couldn't be controlled. Thanks for your help on all this by the way.

Does this View use a Content Template inside the wpv-loop tags? In other words, is there a wpv-post-body shortcode inside the wpv-loop tags of the View's Loop Editor? If so, try adding suppress_filters="true" to the wpv-post-body shortcode. If not, please copy + paste the exact code from your Loop Editor here for me to review.

I couldn't figure this one out, but it also looks like the plugin that was injecting code into the email has had a lot of vulnerability issues lately, so we're scrapping that one and going with another. Thanks for your help!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.