Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Slider with two different images (miniatures and big picture)

This support ticket is created 7 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 13:00 8:00 – 13:00 8:00 – 13:00 8:00 – 13:00 8:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 17:00 14:00 – 17:00 14:00 – 17:00 14:00 – 17:00 14:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Indian/Mauritius (GMT+04:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Arvish Mungur 7 years ago.

Assisted by: Arvish Mungur.

Author
example.jpg

Hey!
I'm trying to display a set of cpt in a slider. Each time you click on one of them, it should appear information corresponding to it. This I can easily do with ToolSet. But my difficulty appears when I want the thumbnails of the slider to be different from the image shown. Attached is an example. To each image below, it corresponds an application of the same one. As the example shows, the hamburger package corresponds to the hamburger itself. Also this slider should work both using the arrows and so moving by itself. I am a ToolSet user, and I want to know if I can do this here or should I look for another tool.

Thank you very much 🙂

Hello marioG-2,

Thank you for contacting Toolset Support.

I will be happy to help you with your issue.

If you are using Views or Content Templates, you can select ‘Post featured image’ shortcode from the Fields and Views Shortcode dialog.

hidden link

From the ‘Post featured image’ dialog, you can then select the desired Featured image size.

hidden link

Alternatively, if you’re using PHP to build the Slider template, I would advise that you look into the built in WordPress functions ‘get_the_post_thumbnail’ or ‘the_post_thumbnail’ where you can pass the sizes of the images you wish to retrieve as parameters.

https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/get_the_post_thumbnail/
https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/the_post_thumbnail/

Please let me know if this works.

Kind regards

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.