Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Slider in content template to add [preview] and [next] buttons

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 8 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by tillM 8 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trdying to add a [preview] and [next] button in the content template.
I create a VIEW that select posts by a filter, from this view the site visiter can go to the content... (I think this is the standard). Now I like to allow the visiter to slide to the next or preview post (only posts that have been listed in the view before).

Could you please give me a sample how to do that?

Here is a document about:
Views Pagination – Split Content into Pages
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-pagination/

[wpv-pager-prev-page]Previous[/wpv-pager-prev-page] – Display a Previous link to move to the previous page. You can edit the text between the shortcodes for your own ‘previous’ text.
[wpv-pager-next-page]Next[/wpv-pager-next-page] – Display a Next link to move to the next page. You can edit the ‘next’ text.

Hope it help

Hi Luoy,
thank you for support. I already use the funktionallety of pagination and split content into pages in VIEWS - that works fine.
Right now I like to add a [PREVIEW] and [NEXT] button in the "Content Template" (the site where the content is shown after I follow the link coming from the VIEW LIST.

With other words:
I have a VIEW LIST (lets say this is level 1), than I can follow the link to the content (lets say this is level 2).
Now I like to navigate in level 2 to the [PREVIEW] and [NEXT] that was listed in the VIEW LIST (level 1).

The shortcodes you mentioned are not working in content template site.
[wpv-pager-prev-page]Previous[/wpv-pager-prev-page]
[wpv-pager-next-page]Next[/wpv-pager-next-page]

Thank you

Sorry, for the misunderstand, it is not possible within Views, you will need create a custom shortcode for it.
See the solution in another similar thread:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/create-next-link-link-child-previous-post-type/#post-287767

Hi Luoy,
thank you for support. It's a pitty that this function is not featured by VIEWS 🙂
Anyway - Thank You!
Till

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.