Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Single template requirements for cred post edit form

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by simon 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I have a site with a main custom post type - accommodation. I was displaying the single accommodation using a content template, and I also have a cred form to allow the user to edit the single accommodation.

I've re-written the single accommodation page using twig templating, but I would still like to use cred to edit the post, however linking to the edit form just displays the single post and not the cred form.

My link to the edit form looks like /accommodation/my-house?cred-edit-form=77

If I replace my twig code with a basic loop, in single-accommodation.php, then my cred form works.

What are the requirements to enable cred editing on the single accommodation page?
Is it possible to locate the single post edit form on another page? e.g. /my-edit-page/?cred-edit-form=77,id=565

It looks like you're using an old edit post link format. The most up-to-date edit post link format is

<em><u>hidden link</u></em>

In this case 12345 represents the numeric ID of the content template that includes the edit post form.

If you want to place the edit post form on a separate page, you can use the cred form shortcode attributes or PHP API to set the form and post ID, as described in the documentation here: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-end-forms/cred-shortcodes/#cred_form

Yep, just what I needed - thanks Christian

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.