Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Single product page

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
After the last update of WooCommerce Blocks 3.0, sites that use a Toolset Layout to display a post are not picking the correct layout.

Solution:
It was a but that was fixed in the next release.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/errata/after-updating-products-stop-using-layout-and-revert-to-what-theme-would-display/

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 2 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Problem after plugin update. I use a layout for woocommerce single product page. There used to be a template selection for either woocommerce template or woocommerece views. I cannot seem to find that setting.
Example of current layout:
hidden link

Example of the same layout on a different site which works OK (the plugin has not been updated yet)
hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

The latest release has removed the Toolset WooCommerce settings page and it replaces it with a new tab, and fewer settings, in Toolset->Settings.

Maybe this is a regression that only affects sites that use Layouts. Can we take a copy of your website and analyze why this happens?

Do you have an earlier backup before the update? If yes, we would like to get that backup to check before and after the update.

I am setting your next reply to be private to let you share credentials safely.

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you, I have been able to take a copy of your website and work on it locally. It is a bug that was introduced in the latest version of WooCommerce Blocks(3.0). I have escalated this to our 2nd Tier and I'll let you know about the progress.

For now, please revert back to WooCommerce Blocks 2.9.4 until we can provide a workaround or a fix for this issue. Download here
https://toolset.com/download/toolset-woocommerce-views/#changelog

I'll get back to you as soon as we have any information to share with you. Please let me know what you will get if you revert to the previous version.

Reverting back to the previous version 2.9.4 resolved the issue as you suggested

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Jamal is on vacation. This is Minesh here.

As Jamal shared the issue is escalated and he will get in touch with you as soon as there is any update.

Jamal
Supporter

Hello again,

Our developers have produced a patch that fixes this issue. I tested it on the copy of your website locally and it seems to work as expected. Please download the files in this folder hidden link

The patch is made of two parts: one file for WooCommerce Blocks, and another file for Layouts.
- Unzip the package for WCB and upload the file it contains to replace the one with the same name under \application\Templates\Modes\WCB.php.
- Unzip the package for Layouts and upload the file it contains to replace the one with the same name under \classes-auto\wpddl.post-types-manager.class.php

Let me know what you will get.

The patches seem to have fixed the issue Jamal. Thank you

Jamal
Supporter

Hello again,

I just want to let you know that, yesterday, we have published a new release of the plugins. They include a fix for this issue. Please take a full backup before applying this update to your website. I highly recommend that you test the update in a staging site before applying it to the live server.

All the best.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.