Skip Navigation

[Resolved] PHP Fatal error: PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘field/class.radio.php’

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: My CRED form is not appearing, and I am seeing the following error in my server logs:

PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'field/class.radio.php' in /path/to/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/application/controllers/form_rendering.php on line 83

Solution: A permanent fix for this issue will be released soon. In the meantime, please follow the instructions in the related erratum post here: https://toolset.com/errata/exception-fatal-error-failed-to-open-fieldclass-radio-php-shown-on-page-with-cred-form-shortcode/

This support ticket is created 6 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by grahamP 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

My Cred form no longer works unless I disable JS composer page builder for the page. The form works fine if added directly within the standard WP editor but not when added as JS Composer element.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The form and other content within the page and the sites standard footer.

Instead, I got: A partially built page, apparently stopping after attempting to render the Cred form.

Hi, I'd like to see if your site is registering any PHP errors. Problems that result in an incomplete page are often captured in the logs, so it could give us some insight. If you're not aware of your server logs, I can show you how to activate them:
Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Then add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

Attempt to reload the broken page at least once. If any server-side errors are thrown, this will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents. Once that is done, revert the updates you made to wp-config.php. If no file is generated, then we may need to follow some other troubleshooting steps.

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your help with this. I've done what you say and it's looking like some files maybe corrupt or missing. Below is the error_log.txt content.

[31-Oct-2017 20:05:38 UTC] PHP Warning: require_once(field/class.radio.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/slinnallstars/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/application/controllers/form_rendering.php on line 83
[31-Oct-2017 20:05:38 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'field/class.radio.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php56/usr/share/php') in /home/slinnallstars/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/application/controllers/form_rendering.php on line 83

Okay thanks, it looks like you're running into a known issue that some other users have reported. Our developers have released a patch that should resolve this problem right away. Please follow the instructions over in the erratum post here:
https://toolset.com/errata/exception-fatal-error-failed-to-open-fieldclass-radio-php-shown-on-page-with-cred-form-shortcode/

Thank you very much for your help Christian, your solution has cured my problem.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.