Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Since Toolset updates CPTs using a Layout show as blank

This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 4.04 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 10:00 - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Mohammed 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Mohammed.

Author

Since the updates to Toolset my CPTs that use a Layout are just blank on the front end. All the content is there in the editor, and I have double checked the new permissions implementation as well. I am logged in as an admin user, and whether I preview from Layouts or view the front end page directly my CPTs with a Layout applied show nothing. I am using Divi and have a child theme in place.

Hello,

I’m Mohammed: the Toolset support team leader. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

Please try the following:

- Deactivate all non-Toolset plugins
- Activate the default theme (Twenty sixteen)
- Test the issue and let me get the results
- Upgrade these PHP configurations
-- MemoryLimit => to 512M
-- PostMax => 128M
-- TimeLimit =>300
-- MaxInputVars => 10000

- Deactivate any caching plugins and remove the cache, clear the browser cache
- Test the issue and let me get the results.

- Open the browser console: hidden link and replicate the issue then reload the page and check the console for any errors
- If you saw any errors, please provide me these errors in the next reply.

I'm waiting for your feedback.

Thanks.

I've recorded the same issue on my website. I wasn't able to fix the problem so far...

I did all of what you asked above, even though it's largely needless hoop jumping, and I still have this issue. I also just upgraded Layouts to 1.8.3. This is a critical issue, please escalate immediately. Thank you.

Hi All,

We got some similar reports. they are caused by the Divi integration plugin.

Can you please confirm that?
You can use twenty sixteen theme and twenty sixteen theme integration plugin to compare the behavior of Divi integration with the working one (Twenty sixteen integration) test on the same pages that the issue is replicated.

Thanks.

Hi,

I've reported the issue to the development team assuming that this is the same case I've mentioned in the previous reply so that they can check and fix.

Please let me know if you have any other feedback.

Please wait and I will update you ASAP.

Thanks.

Who's the second level engineer assigned to this? If this is happening to many users then I would expect "hurry up and wait" is not the best approach to take here. I would like regular updates on the status of this issue, and I'm sure others would as well, including what the issue is, and the timeline you expect it to be corrected. As of right now, my site is effectively broken. This needs more than your standard support "script".

Hi Adam,

I'm a second tier supporter and the Toolset team leader.

As this already been reported many times, I've reported it to the development team directly to investigate which is not the standard process.

The reason why I escalated the issue without investigating in it and sharing the issue causes with you that this is a serious issue and should be fixed as soon as possible.

I hope that this satisfies you, BTW, I already set a high priority to this issue and the development team is currently working on it.so, I expect a quick solution.

Thanks.

Hello Adam and Mohammed.

I haven't heard back from any engineers either. This is obviously a major issue and we are not the only ones affected.
The problem occurs on all of my sites using the toolset plugins, except for one I didn't update by now.

I hope the Developers come up with a solution to this "bug" as soon as possible.

I guess that will have to do, Mohammed, but I have serious concerns about this especially given that ElegantThemes is getting ready to drop a major Divi Builder (3.0) release in the next few days. While I realize that's largely "front end", it would appear your integration is having issues. Is that something you've already tested against? How is your QA handling Divi integration going forward? It seems that this didn't get adequately tested and I now have development for three sites hanging in the balance waiting for a fix.

Hey nicholasA-2 - apparently there's a work around for this on the Erratas page. I'm not sure why we hadn't been informed of that yet, but it appears to work from my high level, quick testing this morning. Here's the direct link: https://toolset.com/errata/issues-multiplied-no-content-display-wrong-fields/

@adam, thanks for sharing that.

I'm closing this ticket since you've confirmed that it's working.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.