Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Simple questions

This support ticket is created 2 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by frederiqueC 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
1. I would like the member's status to appear clearly on his "Member Area" page:
- free member
- premium member
- prof member
and not a 0 or 1 as I can see now

2. I would like to modify the registration date of the member which displays as for example: 2021-08-26 11:09:33 but which it displays like this: September 8, 2021.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I didn't find.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
1. Example : 0 > Administrator or 1> Créalecteur or 2> Créalecteur premium

2. Example : 2021-08-26 11:09:33 > 8 septembre 2021

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Frederique

Thank you for getting in touch.

Can you let me know if the user's membership status is stored as a checkbox or radio or select field ?

Secondly how are you displaying the registration date. Are you using our Types shortcode or the single field block.

Once I get an idea of how you've set things up I can best advise.

Thanks,
Shane

Hello,
For user status, I am not using an "interactive" field like a drop down list, a list with radio buttons. I put press on "Fields and text" and on "user status".

Ditto for the recording date. "Fields and text" and on "date of registration".

What should I do?
Thank you in advance for your answer!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Frederic,

Thank you for the information.

For the date field you can simply just use the format attribute to format your date, see my example below.

[types field="my-date" format="j F Y"][/types]

This should format the date in the way you want it.

For user status, I am not using an "interactive" field like a drop down list, a list with radio buttons. I put press on "Fields and text" and on "user status".

I'm not sure what you mean by the above. Can you send me a screenshot of the field that stores the status.

Thanks,
Shane

Hello,
I found the solution for the user role. I was using the wrong field. Instead of choosing the status of the user in the user data, it was necessary to choose in the basic data, the field "information on the current user" and then select the role of the user.

On the other hand, for the date, I do not understand how I should imply it in the page. Can you give me the full process? I tried to go through a shortcode but I couldn't!

And finally, just for information, I am a French woman so my first name is "Frédérique" and not "Frédéric".

Thank you for your understanding.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Frédérique

My apologies for the error on the name.

On the other hand, for the date, I do not understand how I should imply it in the page. Can you give me the full process? I tried to go through a shortcode but I couldn't!

I'm under the assumption that you're using the Types shortcode to display the registration date. However I may be wrong.

Would you mind sending me a screenshot of the registration date field on the backend so that I can see what kind of field is it ? Secondly if you're able to send admin access please do as well as a link to the Member Area page.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Frédérique,

Its fine the illustration was able to show the components I wanted to see.

If you turn your block into the HTML mode you will see the Types shortcode with the format attribute.

Just change the format to the one that I provided here and it should display correctly.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/simple-questions/#post-2165111

Secondly testing the credentials don't work.

Thanks,
Shane

Hello,
I replaced the "date of recording" field with what you suggested but no more date is displayed.
Thank you for your reply

Shane
Supporter

Screenshot 2021-09-13 at 9.16.43 AM.png

Hi Frédérique,

Given that it doesn't work then there is probably something wrong in the process.

I know when you're inserting a date field as an inline dynamic field it gives you the option to format the information. See Screenshot

If you click on the date it should give you the popup to format the date. From there you can select Custom Format then use the format "j F Y"

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.