Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Show total number of child (relationship) posts

This support ticket is created 2 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Pierre 2 years, 2 months ago.

Author
amount-of-posts.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have a page template for a post type showing 2 different post types in a table view list.
Now I want to add a summary on top of that page showing the total amount of posts for each child post (Inkommande and utgående).
I've created a view for the correct post type, but since it's a loop, it shows the total number in a repeatable list. So 9 posts will show the number "9", nine times.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/show-number-of-topics-themen-which-belongs-to-the-related-articles/
But since I'm using the block-editor I'm not able to use this example above.

Please let me know if you need new access to the site.
Thanks, Pierre

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screenshot 2022-02-25 at 09.51.31.png

You need to move the block where you insert the wpv-found-count shortcode so that it is in the View Output block, but before the View Loop block. See the screenshot.

Alternatively, rather than create Views for this, you could just use the custom shortcode described here: hidden link

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!
Super easy (when you know how to do it), Thanks Nigel!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.