Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Show the title of the marker on the map

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I need to show the title of the mark on the map. I saw the attribute marker_title of wpv-map-marker short code is shown only when you hover over a marker. But I need the title be shown regardless hover over it. How do I do that ?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

There is no such native feature available to open the map marker popup by default when you load the map.

You can set the popup to open on click or on mouse hover when you add the related button link using the shortcode:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/maps/maps-shortcodes/#map-focus-on-marker

If you can share the problem URL where you added the map and access details I might be able to share a workaround that will help you to open the popup by default when the map is loaded.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please share the problem URL where I can see the map?

the URL is: quepasa.me

Did you receive the password of WordPress ?

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - I got the access details.

I've added the following button to your view's loop editor:

<button class="js-wpv-addon-maps-focus-map  js-toolset-maps-open-infowindow-map-map-10-marker-marker-10 hideit" data-map="map-10" data-marker="marker-10">focus </button>

To hide the above button, I've added the "hideit" CSS class to it as you can see above and added the following CSS code to CSS section of your view.

.hideit{ display:none; } 

I've added the following JS code to your view's JS box:

jQuery(document).ready(function($){

$( document ).on( 'js_event_wpv_addon_maps_init_map_completed', function( event, data ) {
    $('.js-wpv-addon-maps-focus-map').click();
});

});

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/maps/maps-shortcodes/#map-focus-on-marker
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/maps/programmatically-change-map-settings/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.