Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Shortcodes not working on theme using a toolset template

This support ticket is created 5 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 5 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hi, See some communications with my theme dev, below is the last response plus my original question to them. But basically, it appears that their shortcodes are not working on a page set up to use a toolset template. Can you have a look at this and add your input, please.

the issue with package page using toolset template hidden link see bottom text where the shortcode is showing.

ok page in builder hidden link

Many Thanks
Simon
Hi.,
We have checked our theme locally , and it working fine . But it seems you have customized the layout and you have used third party plugins so kindly send us the detail where you have customized the layout so that we will have a look.
And kindly deactivate third party plugins , because it seems you have enabled the layout here hidden link , Because when we have try to remove that template it displays empty page .
Regards
Ramamoorthi
Design Themes Support
hidden link
Mobile: +91 9994061031 | Call:0422 4518030
Sent January 4 at 5:00 PM UTC by sales@edition1.co.uk

Sent January 3 at 7:51 PM UTC by sales@edition1.co.uk

Watch this please
hidden link
These are the links
hidden link
issue with package page hidden link
ok page in builder hidden link
Many Thanks
Simon
From: DesignThemes Support 5 <support@wedesignthemes.com>
Sent: 03 January 2019 07:49
To: sales@edition1.co.uk
Cc: admin@iamdesigning.com
Subject: Re: RE: FW: [ThemeForest] Message sent via your Envato Market profilefrom simon505

Hi, here is my input:
- You should either activate WPBakery Page Builder or activate Toolset Layouts, but do not activate both at the same time. The two systems are not meant to be used together and are inevitably going to conflict with one another. See our information here about using Toolset with WPBakery Page Builder: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-toolset-with-wpbakery-page-builder/
- Your theme developers are welcome to sign up at https://toolset.com/documentation/beyond-pages-program/ to ensure their theme code is Toolset-ready.

Hi

Thanks for this, I thought I replied by email already sorry, but basically I have now disabled the WPbakery plugin and the same is not working.

Thanks
Simon

Thanks, can you tell me more about how you inserted the dt_hotels_list and other shortcodes here? For example, are they added in the main contents of the Package post, or in a custom field? Are they inserted in a Visual Editor cell in your Layout, or some other type of cell?

Now please tell me the same information about how the shortcodes are placed on the Page where they seem to be working correctly.

Hi,

Hope this helps explain a little more

hidden link

Thanks for looking
Simon

May I log in to your wp-admin area to take a closer look? I would like to create a copy of your site so I can run some additional tests. I will install the Duplicator plugin to create that copy. If you approve, please provide login credentials in the private reply fields here.

Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 3.57.00 PM.png

I edited the Layout applied to Packages, and I found that you have inserted the wpv-post-body shortcode into a Visual Editor cell. There is an option to suppress third-party filters with Content Template shortcodes, so I have activated that option as you can see in the screenshot here.

[wpv-post-body view_template="None" suppress_filters="true"]

Can you check the results and tell me if the shortcodes are now producing the output you expect?

Hi,

Yes this page shortcode is now working as it should hidden link

Not sure where you entered the suppress filters codes though? As I will need to replicate on the actual website.

Finally, notice something strange with the header area now repeating though?

Thanks
Simon

Not sure where you entered the suppress filters codes though? As I will need to replicate on the actual website.
It's in a Visual Editor cell in the Toolset Layout applied to single Packages. The Visual Editor cell already existed, and already contained the wpv-post-body shortcode. I just added the attribute shown in the code snippet I provided.

Finally, notice something strange with the header area now repeating though?
I just tried to investigate this and I can see you had WPBakery active once again, so I took these steps:
- Deactivated WPBakery
- Went to Toolset > WooCommerce Views and selected the WooCommerce Views template for Single Products
Let me reiterate to be clear: you must not use WPBakery and Toolset Layouts on the same site. Pick one and uninstall the other.

OK

I notice that without WPBakery pages like the homepage at the link below are missing CSS and showing WPB code. I assume this means we either need to manually recreate the required CSS with WPBakery disabled? or better use the page builder included in the theme to replace and recreate the existing WPBakery layouts? Then use the theme builder and toolset.

hidden link

Thanks
Simon

or better use the page builder included in the theme to replace and recreate the existing WPBakery layouts?
It's subjective, and there are probably pros and cons for either option. Only you can determine which system works better for your needs, fulfills the requirements of your project, and is most compatible with other components of your site. I can confirm, however, that you must choose one or the other. Then, any missing elements or styles that were originally part of the discontinued system must be recreated in the continued system.

"that you must choose one or the other. Then, any missing elements or styles"

Just to double check when you say this, one or another is toolset and page builder only or toolset and WPbakery or just one of the three on its own?

I think you mean the page builder and toolset will work together but WPbakery will not work alongside Toolset?

Thanks

The Toolset software suite includes a plugin called "Toolset Layouts" that acts as a page builder tool. It is an optional plugin, and the use of Toolset Layouts is not required in order to use other features of Toolset. If you want to use Toolset Layouts, it must be the only page builder active on your site. You must not activate any other page builder system, whether that is a page builder built-in to your theme, or a 3rd party page builder like WPBakery or Beaver Builder. If you want to use a different page builder system for any purpose, you should deactivate and uninstall Toolset Layouts.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.