Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Shortcode into a view

This support ticket is created 2 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

I try to embed a external shortcode (from learndash) into a view.

<wpv-loop>
          <div class="hoofdhome">
            <div class="hoofdaf">

[wpv-post-featured-image size="full"]
               </div>
              <div class="hoofdtit">
          [wpv-post-link]
                 </div>
                <div class="hoofdbo">
          [wpv-post-body view_template="None"]
                   </div>
                  <div class="hoofdknop">
          [course_notstarted]Start[/course_notstarted]
[course_inprogress]Onderweg[/course_inprogress]
[course_complete]Afgerond[/course_complete]
                     </div>
          </div>
		</wpv-loop>

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

And?

There is a problem?

Registered shortcodes that are added to the loop output section of a View should be parsed correctly, what is the problem you encounter?

Yeah sorry sometimes I'm to fast.

The problem is that it will not send back any info, so the info from learndas, the staus off a course, is not visible.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

I assume this is a view that displays courses, right? If yes, try addid the course_id attribute, using a Toolset shortcode, like this:

[course_notstartedcourse_id="[wpv-post-id]"]Start[/course_notstarted]

If that does not help, allow me temporary access to your website as an administrator, and provide a testing user to test with on the frontend. Let me also know the URL where we can see this view on the frontend.
Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

I think this will work, because now it shows "Start", with this code:
I placed a space before the course_id

[course_notstarted course_id="[wpv-post-id]"]Start[/course_notstarted]
[wpv-noautop][course_inprogress course_id="[wpv-post-id]"]Onderweg[/course_inprogress][/wpv-noautop]
[wpv-autop][course_complete course_id="[wpv-post-id]"]Afgerond[/course_complete][/wpv-autop]

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Awesome, I am glad I could help. Does this mean that the issue is resolved, and you don't need further assistance? If yes, kindly mark this ticket as resolve.

If no, allow me temporary access to your website as an administrator, and provide a testing user to test with on the frontend. Let me also know the URL where we can see this view on the frontend.
Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.