Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Shifted dot controls on sliders

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the customer had his slider dots pagination control but they were not aligned correctly.

Solution:

You can actually align them by using the css below and adjusting the margin values.

.pagination-dots{
      margin-left: -40px !important;
}
This support ticket is created 6 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by JanP6468 6 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
screnshot 12.jpg

Hi,

I am trying to:
Center the dot controls around my slider views. I created a view according to this guideline:
https://toolset.com/documentation/beyond-the-basics/showcase-content-using-post-sliders/
...only adjusting couple minor things. However, since the beginning, the control dots are slightly off-centre (see screenshot).

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link (logged-in users only, need to have 2+ added bikes)

This is the CSS defining the position:

/* Size and center container div */
.slider-container {
   position: relative;
   max-width: 400px;
   margin: 0 auto;
 }

/* Position prev/next controls */
 .wpv-filter-previous-link, .wpv-filter-next-link {
   position: absolute;
   top: 150px;
   font-size: 400%;
 }

.wpv-filter-previous-link {
   left: -20px;
 }
 .wpv-filter-next-link {
   right: -20px;
 }
 /* unset bottom margin of image when in slider */
 .slides .featured-artists {
   margin-bottom: 0;
 }

I'm no programmer myself but tried all the basic possibilities to centre the dots (4-5 of them incl <center> tag, changing position between absolute and relative, working with the margins etc), none worked. Not sure what I did wrong, I think I followed the manual precisely.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Jan

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jan,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Would you mind providing me with a link to the page where I can have a look at the issue ?

Thanks,
Shane

Sure, it was already mentioned in the original request, but no worries, here it is again 🙂

hidden link (logged-in users only, need to have 2+ added bikes to see the issue first hand)

You should still have access to our admin profile from my previous ticket and I think there are 2 bikes added there, so you should be even able to see it directly.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jan,

Aww yes I saw this, but I need access. Its the access i should've asked for my bad.

Would you mind providing this ?

The private fields have been enabled.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jan,

Thanks,

I was able to center the dots by adjusting the margins. To be honest it was actually centered but have a look on your end and let me know how it is.

Thanks,
Shane

Hello Shane,

Thank you very much for the edit. In this specific view, it looks great. Unfortunately, we are using the same control dots at more pages
(eg here:
hidden link
hidden link )

...and the problem is the same everywhere. May I ask what did the margin relate to? (Eventually, where can I edit it? - I might be able to find that myself, but I have no clue what it is tied to at the first place :))

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jan,

What I added was this css here

.pagination-dots{
      margin-left: -40px !important;
}

You can try adding this to the others and let me know if it helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Shane, you are awesome. Added to global CSS, works like a charm.

Sincere thanks for the help.

Jan

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.