Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Settings not applied in new block widgets

This support ticket is created 2 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Using a toolset heading block in the new Appearance-->widgets layout. add a Heading block and toggle on the Margin/Padding or give it a background color, there are no console errors but these settings are NOT applied to the elements inside the widget on the frontend

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please share screenshot so that I can review how exactly you added the block within the widget?

will do this afternoon, however it won't help you I don't think, I did Nothing special. Simply adding Any toolset block to a registered sidebar in appearance widgets, and it's inline styles all show up in the editor but on the front end they are not being applied. do you not have this issue when testing?

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - I can see the issue and confirm the issue.

Widgets made using Toolset Blocks seems not compatible yet, our Devs will require to work on that and it will be a new feature request as WordPress just published this feature that you can build widgets in Block mode.

I will not have any ETA on it when the compatibility is offered but as on now if you able to build widgets using legacy way you can go ahead.

I understand. although WP just released this feature, the early release of WP 5.8 had been out for some time, and it would be nice to see this work preemptive in the future so that once something is in the release channel our clients can use these features. I'm sure this is not a complex issue and will be a fairly easy fix for your devs to clean up.

Minesh
Supporter

I understand what you are saying but I do not have any ETA on it. I already filed a internal ticket to make this compatible.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.