Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Setting up reoccuring subscriptions

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I need to set up a fitness website to allow people to pay for a subscription and then access videos. The screenshot says that I should check "allow customers to place orders without an account". I'm using Woocommerce Subscriptions to enable reoccurring payments. When I setup a WooCommerce product as simple subscription(virtual) and try to signup on the front end via the toolset user form, I get the message "You must be logged in to checkout." Can you give me some steps for setting this up and how to allow people to cancel their subscription.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/course/wordpress-membership-sites/
(My the way I'm really disappointed by the documentation. Doesn't explain all the steps or what plugins to enable and how to do this. Very concerned about how this reflects the software I've bought and my ability to learn how to use it.)

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Hi Christian
I have made some progress since reporting the issue earlier today. I found this documentation:
https://toolset.com/learn/create-membership-site-wordpress-using-toolset-plugins/how-to-use-the-woocommerce-subscriptions-plugin-with-toolset/
My purchasing test seems to be working: hidden link
Can you confirm the FAQs at the bottom are still valid - I need for example to be able to create two or more subscriptions with a different role for each subscription. I also need to store extra fields.
Many thanks
Paul

Hello, it is possible to use Toolset's User Forms / Forms Commerce with simple virtual WooCommerce Products as shown in the Membership course, but not possible to use Subscription products with Forms Commerce. We have more information about using Membership, Subscriptions, and Toolset available here: https://toolset.com/learn/create-membership-site-wordpress-using-toolset-plugins/how-to-use-the-woocommerce-subscriptions-plugin-with-toolset/

Your comments make it clear to me that the Membership Course must be updated to include some information specific to Subscriptions, or at the very minimum a link between the two documents, so it's obvious where to find more details about Subscription integration. It should be made very clear that subscription products are not supported here, so no one wastes time trying to figure out why this isn't working. I'll send that information to the documentation team and ask to have this Course updated, and I am sorry for the inconvenience so far.

Many thanks for the reply Christian - I'm not yet persuaded that Toolset is the right choice for me and I'll probably request a refund. I know that my issue is with an integration with a 3rd party plugin but I had been sold on Toolset's promotional writing - "With Toolset, you don’t need any other plugins to build advanced sites. It all comes from one package and it all works smoothly." I guess you don't have a workaround for a membership site with reoccurring subscriptions with just Toolset or something else?
Kind regards
Paul

Okay sorry, I did not see your recent message before sending my comment. The FAQs are still valid, unfortunately, as it relates to the different roles for different subscription models. What I said about notifications is still an issue, since the Subscription flow triggers different events from the standard purchase flow. Forms Notifications have not been updated to account for those Subscription events. As far as other workarounds, I'm not aware of one that would help you capture additional fields during signup, while purchasing a Subscription product, other than custom PHP code.

If there is any flexibility on when those fields are captured, you could continue to use the current approach for signups, then create another Toolset "Edit User " Form and show it after signup. You could place that Form anywhere on the front-end of the site, and it could be quite narrow in scope...just the extra fields and a submit button. You could display it conditionally based on whether or not the remaining fields have been filled in yet, a gentle nag, right above the main content of whatever page they normally land on after logging in. Or you could hide the main content completely until the remaining fields are completed. Just a few ideas for you, I'm not sure if any of that makes sense for the site you have in mind.

Thank you for your reply - makes sense having a follow on form. I'll think it over. Have a good day!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.