Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Setting up front end User Edit Form

This support ticket is created 4 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ianH-12 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Trying to create a front end form that is linked from a list of users

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/publish-content-from-the-front-end/forms-for-editing/

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
lowtherpavilion.co.uk

Clicked reply in error.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Ian,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I'm not clear on exactly what difficulties you are having setting up the edit user form as the document explains the step, however instead of an edit post form it will just be a user form.

Could you provide a bit more details on the difficulties you are having ?

Thanks,
Shane

Hi - I have created the user form. The instructions then say to create a template.

When creating a template there is not an option for a user, so I have selected Don't assign to any post type.

Then when adding the form to a view, the view produces no output.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ian,

Would you mind providing me with admin access to the site as well a link to the pages where you are setting up ?

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ian,

hidden link

It is actually working fine, it was just that you didn't add the edit user link to the view as well as the slug to call the view to the page was incorrect.

Please let me know if everything is ok now.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks so much. That's great.

I had a look through the documentation and wondered if it would be possible through Toolset to add a tick box next to users to allow us to then send an email to the selected users?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ian,

Actually you can add a email notification to the form so that an email is sent to the user once their profile is edited.

But not possible to add a checkbox to multiple users to send a bulk notification.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.