Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Setting up attributes for products

This support ticket is created 2 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lars Adolfsen 2 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? My client produces labeling machines. They have are a large variety of attributes, which often are different.

It is custom products, not Woocommerce products.

Until now used WP Pods, to build a Technical Data table.

Example from the development site (table at the bottom of the page):
hidden link

Challenges:
- There are about 50 or 60 different Attributes with many different values. Much like how values function in Woocommerce.
- Some of the attributes are lines of text
- All attributes are not present on all products

How do I create a Technical Data table with Toolset, which only shows the attributes which have been filled out?
How do I structure it in Toolset? (Post Types, Custom Fields, Taxonomies etc.)

I forgot to write. It is custom products, not Woocommerce products.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Lars,

Thank you for getting in touch.

How do I create a Technical Data table with Toolset, which only shows the attributes which have been filled out?

This will take some setting up but you can make use of our conditional shortcodes in our views plugin to check if the field is empty before displaying it.

How do I structure it in Toolset?

I'm not sure what you mean by how do you structure it. Usually you would create a post type first then create the taxonomy and custom fields and assign them to that specific post type.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

I create a Post type called Product Attributes and added a Multiple Line to the relationship between attribute and product. that was the client can add custom values to each attribute.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.