Skip Navigation

[Resolved] setting up assigned areas for my custom content template

This support ticket is created 4 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jeanI 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I removed the sidebar I created within my custom post template because linking the sidebar seems to be the only way to make it responsive on mobile. However, when I have the sidebar showing it pushes over the cover image I built into my custom post template. The template cover image (that I want to be set above the sidebar) contains dynamic links to custom fields.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I've read a lot of stuff but nothing specifically around setting different areas within the template like hooks as such. I use Astra theme. I find the documentation going between blocks and layouts confusing. I have just used blocks for this content template. It was looking good before, just not on mobile as I have a transparent header for the site.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
hidden link

hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I checked on the browser by switching to the mobile version and I see that the sidebar is available at the middle of the page. Please check the following screenshot:
=> hidden link

You do not see the sidebar on the mobile version or you have a different issues? If you have a different issue, Can you please share more details, maybe few screenshots would help to understand your issue.

Yes, so I fixed the position of the sidebar. But I want the sidebar to appear below the cover image. So how do I pin certain elements—Such as the cover image—to the correct position on the page aka header. So that the layout will appear with the sidebar below the cover image on desktop view.

Minesh
Supporter

It looks like you need to set the full width layout so that the cover image spread to full width of that page.

Can you check the header full-width option: hidden link

Yes that is set. It's more how do I set the cover image in my content template to appear as the header section like I have done with the rest of the website. I used Astra for other pages, just toolset for the custom posts.

Minesh
Supporter

If you want to set the header image with the content template that you use to display your single post of particular post type, you should add such CSS code to set the image as background image of div:

Something like:

<style>
.thrv_wrapper.thrv-page-section.tcb-window-width .tve-page-section-out {
    background-image: linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4)), url([wpv-post-featured-image size='full' output='url']) !important;
}
</style>

- Is your cover image is displaying dynamically for the single post of your post type?

If you do not know how to do it, please send me access details and few screenshots that could help me to understand your issue and I would be happy to help you further.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Thanks Minesh, I'll try you suggestion on a test page.
Otherwise, I have figured out a work around. I have set up the background header image as an astra hook in the "custom content" section and assigned it to 'top of content' and set it for all of "my custom post type"

Then with the upper content of the toolset post (including the dynamic post title) I just set the margin to "-200" so that the post title appears in the header when published and the rest of the content, including the sidebar comes up underneath. Plus the alignment is now mobile responsive. Whoo hoo!

Now my only problem is having my sidebar take on my CSS styling, but I'm pretty sure that is Astra and not toolset. Though I am using WP views? I can start a seperate ticket for that if I can't figure it out.

Thanks,

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.