Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Setting the "default_label" value with the wpv-attributte shortcode ,not working

This support ticket is created 8 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by MiquelC1907 8 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi,

I'm trying to set the "default_label" attributte inside the [wpv-control-item] shortcode, using the [wpv-attribute] shortcode.

Instead of the rendering value for the shortcode, it's printing the literal shortcode string (no rendering).

[wpv-control-item type="select" ancestor_type="town-to-postcode" default_label="[wpv-attribute name='town']"]  
<!-- Output in the default label text: "[wpv-attribute name='town']" , when I was expecting "Barcelona" -->

I tried too: default_label=[wpv-attribute name='town'] ( no double quotes wrapping the shortcode), but it didn't work too.

I guess the [wpv-control-item] shortcodes is not ready for it? . Any work around?

Thanks,
Miquel

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I can see that you are using old version of view. Could you please update Views plugin to it's latest official released version 1.11.1 and try to resolve your issue.

I've also tried on discover-wp.com with test site. You can see the "State" dropdown at top left side having label name "select one location" that I've passed using [wpv-attribute] shortcode and it's working fine.
=> hidden link

[wpv-control-item type="select" ancestor_type="states" default_label="[wpv-attribute name='location']"]

This is how I passed the attribute:

[wpv-view name="search" location="select one location"]

Hi Minesh,

Finally I've done the flow in a diferent way not requiring to set the default_label.

Still I think there could be a bug somewhere as I didnt' manage to do it to work the way you did on discover-wp.com.

All the best,

Miquel

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.