Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Setting one filter in the view’s search hide options from other filters.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
When we select an option in a filter, the other filters do not display all the available options.

Solution:
That is the default feature in Toolset searches, the possibility to offer only options that will produce results. You can disable it on the "View Search" block level. Check this screenshot http://prntscr.com/16wqox1

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nicoleR-3 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Thank you for the CSS fix. It looks like I tried every other combination but that one. >:-|

Regarding the filter issue, I have taken a number of screenshots demonstrating what I am referring to, that show whenever you select different options, it changes all the other filters based on what categories have been assigned to the various custom posts. But ideally we want all search filters to show no matter what is selected. I've also made screenshots of all the options for each category that should show, regardless of whether or not we have a post that has taxonomy option assigned. Does that make sense?

I think it's going to be too many images to upload here, so I have added them all to a Dropbox.

hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Thank you for the screenshots, I now understand the issue better. First, I thought that the selections from other filters are lost. On the other hand, you were talking about options on the filters.

Well, that is the default feature in Toolset searches, the possibility to offer only options that will produce results. You can disable it on the "View Search" block level. Check this screenshot hidden link

That option was not selected in the view, but I activated it and then deactivated it and that seemed to fix the problem. Thanks so much for your guidance. My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.