Skip Navigation

[Resolved] separating results from filter produce 2 filter forms and 2 results

This support ticket is created 7 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 8.62 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 7 years ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Capture.JPG

I am trying to: separate filter from search results

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: 1 filter below the search results

Instead, I got: i get 2 filters and 2 search results

You can insert Views with Custom Searches in 3 ways.

1. Both on the same place (only one shortcode)
It will displaz the search and the results always on the same page and always together.

2. Search and result on the same page but a different location.

It will displaz the search and results on the same page, but you may displaz them separately.

3. Search and results on different pages.

This will allow you to have a NON AJAX View Search on one page and on hitting the submit button you will be takent to a page with the results and eventually the search as well, or not, if you choose to omit it.

All 3 methods are elaborated here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-page-filters/#displaying-custom-search

Within Layouts you may use that method if you use the Views ShortCodes as example in Visual Editors, or, you may create the View from within Layouts, then, it will ask during the process, where to display search and result, making the process more automatted.

If you look at the screenshot you can see that i used the backend editor and i did put the view separately on the same page but still it shows both filter and results for each row

Did you insert those Views by creating them within Layouts?

Or did you first create them in Toolset > Views and then only inserted them into Layout?

The results would be different as above mentioned.

If you followed the correct, first approach and it's still not working, please test it with Toolset Starter Theme, and no other Plugins but Toolset.

If then the issue is not solved, please allow me to check that on the site.

I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site
- Preferably to a testing ground where the problem has been replicated if possible -
In order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site.
This is also a reason the backup is critical
✙ Please provide all relevant links to the View, Layout and Front End.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.