Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Send notification to different users depending on geo positioning

This support ticket is created 5 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by vitoV 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi staff,
i've a geopositioned AD, what i want to do is to:
User A register positioning himself in Rome
User B register and post a custom type (AD) near Rome... about 2 km
When User B post the AD, wordpress sends a notification to all the user positioned in a default range of 5Km that there is a new AD

There is any function that behave this way or i need to write down by hardcoding?

the site i'm talking about is hidden link

Please let me know
Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - there is no such native feature available but if you are talking about CRED form here, you can use CRED form's hook to send the custom notifications using CRED hook cred_notification_recipients

More info:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/#cred_notification_recipients

Here is all CRED API hooks listed you can use any which fits into your requirements:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/

Ok, thanks, i think i have to develope some custom code to get lat/long of the AD, make a select for all the user, compare the distance and then send email with that hook

Thanks again

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.