Skip Navigation

[Closed] Send e-mail notifications with post relation form

This support ticket is created 2 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christopher Amirian 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author

Hi,

On this site, we use 2 custom post types: ships and harbours. The owner of a ship (who has the custom user role "shipper") can create 1 ship and can make reservations with harbours.

So I created a relation between ships and harbours, with 2 custom fields: arrival date and departure date. Then, I made a post relation form as a reservation form. So far, so good.

However, the owner of the harbour and the shipper should get an automated e-mail notification about that new relation / reservation, and there doesn't seem to be an e-mail option for relationship forms like there is with post forms. Am I missing something, or is there another way to do this?

Alternatively, I could use Fluent Forms Pro to make a reservation, but I would need to capture the permalink to the current logged-in user's post. Is that possible?

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Hi there,

The email notification is not integrated with the relation form and only post and user forms.

Would you please follow the workaround that my colleague mentioned here:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/send-an-e-mail-when-a-relationship-form-is-submitted-or-filter-it/#post-1539475

See if it will help you overcome the issue.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Send e-mail notifications with post relation form’ is closed to new replies.