Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Select Taxonomy from Field Table in Parent Post

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by christopherH-3 9 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Waqas.

Author
Screen Shot 2015-02-22 at 14.32.24.png
Screen Shot 2015-02-22 at 14.32.04.png

I am trying to: Enter Child Post Taxonomy from the Field Table in the Parent Post

In the first screenshot you are looking at the admin page for my custom post type - Opera Repertoire.

As you can see over on the right we have created a custom taxonomy called Composer

In the second screenshot, you are looking at the admin page for the parent post type - in which the fields for the custom post type Opera Repertoire are displayed in a Fields Table, but the taxonomy is not displaying in this field Table.

How do we get a Taxonomy Field to display in the Fields Table?

I see from past threads that this issue was scheduled for correction some time ago. But I still can't see anywhere to fix this.

Thanks
Chris

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

I acknowledge this as a suggestion and have forwarded to the Dev Team for a consideration. I have also asked for a temporary work around (if possible).

I will update you as soon as I hear back.

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

types-post-relation-select-fields.png
types-post-relation-fields-table.png

We have something like this already. But you must choose the taxonomy parent in "Select child fields to be displayed" options under "Specific fields" and tick the taxonomy field you want to see, in the fields table.

Please see attached images for an example.

Thanks this solved the issue

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.