Skip Navigation

[Resolved] See above the description why I can't import CVS file?

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 8 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by ashtonS 8 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author

I am trying to: Import a specif CVS with custom post info

I visited this URL:

I expected to see: Import records

Instead, I got: Skipped 124 posts (most likely due to empty title, body and excerpt).
Imported 0 posts and 0 comments in 0.09 seconds.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Ashton,

Thanks for contacting our support forum.

Were the posts in the csv files created by types?

Could you try using this plugin below.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-ultimate-csv-importer/

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Hi Shane,

No..the post where created in Excel and saved as CVS file to be imported in WP
The Types tutorial advice to use the CVS importer. I also used Ultimate CVS Importer but when I imported the file by this plugin, only the title post wil be imported!?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ashton,

Could you provide me with a copy of the csv file that you are trying to import.

I would like to check to see if the information in the file is formatted correctly.

Thanks

Hi Shane,

Where can I upload the file? Or can you provide me a email adress? I dont see any button below?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ashton,

What you can do is to upload the file to google drive or any cloud service and generate a share link for me.

You can then post the share link in the forum.

I'll enable the private fields for you to provide me with the link.

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Screen Shot 2015-08-18 at 4.15.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-08-18 at 4.12.56 PM.png

Hi Ashton,

I was able to get the csv file to import. See Screenshot.

Please ensure that you have performed the mappings correctly when you are setting up the import.

Your mapping should look like my screenshot if you do not have the custom fields created.

What I did was to dynamically add the default wordpress custom fields but if you had created these fields in types then you can select them.

See screenshot for mapping.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Hi Shane,

Thanks for youre fast prompt. But do you used Ultimate CVS Importer?

Hi Shane,

the method you provide does not help because when importing WPCF we need a Pro version of Ultmalte CVS Importer?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ashton,

Could you allow me to have temporary admin access to your website so I can assist with the importation of the information.

I'm not sure if you need a pro version or not since this is not one of our plugins.

I'll enable the private fields for you to submit the credentials.

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ashton,

It seems we have ran into a compatibility issue where the CPT isn't showing in the lists to import the posts to.

If we cannot import to CPT created by types would you like to use another plugin to create the CPT?

I'll open a compatibility issue with our team in order to get this issue checked out.

Thanks

Hi Shane,

Thanks for youre fast prompt. We choose for Types with View because of way Views works without codeing.
For now its about 150 records to type manually! What to do if its about 5.000 records with serveral CPT?
Let me now the issue and how te solve

Greetings Ashton.

Captura de Tela 2015-08-24 às 14.44.56.png

I have been escalated to this thread and I have been studying this plugin. Unfortunately there is a limitation there, you can only import custom post types with the Pro version, as you can see in the attached image.

HI Adriano,

Thanks for youre fast prompt. But I stil don't understand it. I have buying the Whole Toolset? Do yo mean this isn't a Pro version? Please reply?

Hi Adriano,

Thanks for your fast prompt. I still don't understand? I have by the whole toolset? So please explain what is the pro version?

Ashton.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.