Skip Navigation

[Resolved] searching on post title of parent

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to specify a default option in the select field for my post relationship filter.

Solution: The wpv-control-post-ancestor shortcode accepts a default_label attribute, where you can specify the text for the default option:

[wpv-control-post-relationship ancestors="abonnement" url_param="wpv-relationship-filter"]
<div class="form-group">
<label>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Abonnementen[/wpml-string]</label>
[wpv-control-post-ancestor type="select" default_label="--- select one ---" ancestor_type="abonnement"]
</div>
[/wpv-control-post-relationship]

Relevant Documentation: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-control-post-ancestor

This support ticket is created 6 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by JosV9233 6 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
toolset21.jpg
toolset22.jpg

Hello supporter,

In the custom search form I want to be able to search on the post title of a parent. I achieved that, but one thing is wrong. I want to start the form with no selection. As it is now it opens with the first post title and there is no '--- select one ---' option.

The search form code:
[code}
[wpv-control-post-relationship ancestors="abonnement" url_param="wpv-relationship-filter"]
<div class="form-group">
[wpv-control-post-ancestor type="select" ancestor_type="abonnement"]
</div>
[/code]

How the search form looks you can see in the attached image.
toolset21: 'select one' option replaced with understandable text
toolset22: opens with a selection and no possibility to leave it blank

Please advise.

Jos

Hi, the wpv-control-post-ancestor shortcode accepts a default_label attribute, where you can specify the text for the default option:

<div class="form-group">
[wpv-control-post-ancestor type="select" default_label="--- select one ---" ancestor_type="abonnement"]
</div>

Thanks a lot Christian!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.