Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Searching for Alaska returns Results for Arizona…

This support ticket is created 2 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by shawnW-3 2 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to:
I have a map view set up to return search results. It's fine tuned and customized and has been working smoothly for sometime, but all of a sudden we got a complaint that searching Alaska USA returns results for Arizona USA, and after testing ourselves we can confirm this is the case.

I searched your tickets and saw someone else, less than a month ago, had the same issue...
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/some-location-searches-pulling-wrong-results/

This Toolset customer was told the problem is with Google, and while I can appreciate that, it doesn't really help us.

Is anyone at Toolset consulting with Google on this issue?

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Go to this link and search Alaska, USA
hidden link

I expected to see:
Results for Alaska,

Instead, I got:
but got results for Arizona.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Shawn,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Actually this is quite possible a known issue with the Google Maps team as we don't control the results that are returned. We essentially send the query to google and they return the results.

As you can see the issue is already known by the google maps team. There isn't much we can do about this but to wait until Google has addressed the issue.

Thanks,
Shane

"As you can see the issue is already known by the google maps team."

Sorry Shane, I missed that part of Minesh's response, but now I see it. Of course, I can't actually see the link to the ticket on Google's end as the link is hidden, but I'll trust it's been responded to by Google's team.

Please feel free to send us any resources I can check for these problems in the future.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.