Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Search results not as expected

This support ticket is created 2 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by jamesR-13 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

When I mix custom field filters on my search view i do not get the expected results.

On the "New Unit Search" view which can be accessed on the front end by clicking "Unit Search" at the top, if you choose "Suburban" for the model, there are 11 units found, several of which have the year as 2020, but if you select 2020 for the year on the filters, it only returns 1 matching unit.

Please advise.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Yes - I can see the issue as you described but when I checked the plugins page I found that you are using really outdated Toolset plugins.

We always recommend running your site with the latest stable release plugin version. Could you please update ALL Toolset plugins to it's latest officially released version.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
You can download the latest plugin release from your accounts page:
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Once you update ALL plugins to latest version - do you see the same issue with the latest Toolset plugins?

OK, I have updated all plugins, and themes, as well as wordpress itself, and I am still getting the erroneous results.

Minesh
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Just incase to check if there any any conflict with any third-party plugins you are using.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as with the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?
- Do you see any difference?

twenty twenty theme and all non-toolset plugins disabled, same results

Shane
Supporter

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi James,

Would you mind if I took a copy of your site to test further here?

This way I can perform some more checks without affecting your live site.

Thanks,
Shane

Yes, you can make a copy of the site.

Shane
Supporter

Hi James,

Can you recall when did this issue first started to occur.

I'm running some tests on the site but I will need an idea when did it started to occur and if it was after an update.

I will continue testing the copy as I await your response.

Thanks,
Shane

Unfortunately, I can't give an exact time when the issue first started OCCURING however I can tell you that it was noticed last Friday, the 29th of October, and as you can see, the first troubleshooting step that was called for was to update the plugins, so the issue was occurring on the previous version (unfortunately, I don't know what version that was) of the plugins, and is still occurring on the most recent version as well.

Shane
Supporter

Hi James,

This should now be working.

It turns out that there was an issue with the custom field slug. What I mean by this is that the slug that is on the filter is not matching what was being passed in the URL. The effect of this was that your view wasn't being filtered correctly. The simplest way to resolve this is to remove the existing filter and re-added it.

What this does is to ensure that the slug for the frontend filter and the query filter are the same.

Can you confirm on your end that you're able to see the correct posts listed.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.