Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Schedule Automatic Change from Post Title w/Link to Post Title Only

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I am trying to: Automatically change type title w/ link to title only after a field date. We have a post archive list table view of posts displayed with the title link. We want to unlink the title using the date field from the post and the expiration date. Afterward no one can view the post by clicking the title. Thanks.

I visited this URL:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

Could you please elaborate a little more on this point
❝Automatically change type title w/ link to title only after a field date❞
so I can better understand?

Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit, so if you like, make use of "upload an image" below the comment area.

1. We have a post archive list table view of posts displayed with the title link.

I assume you use WordPress Archives Views, and inserted a [wpv-post-link] in it?

2. We want to unlink the title using the date field from the post and the expiration date.

I am not understanding your goal here.

For Post Title only, you use [wpv-post-title]

Are you trying to update the Views ShortCode itself after the Post expires?

This is not possible, you would need a Custom API Code that actually edits the Views Archive, and we do not support this.

You can set a different Post Status or other action in the CRED GUI when setting the post expiration:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/automatic-post-expiration/

You can use the provided API to perform Custom Action on the POST ITSLEF:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/automatic-post-expiration/ > Customizing Automatic Post Expiration using filters
But this will NOT change the Views Archive Code or any other Code of Views.

Thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.