Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Save button “not working”

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am unable to create a new related post from the post editor screen in another post type. A JavaScript error can be seen in the browser console: "ReferenceError: tinyMCE is not defined"

Solution: Update to the latest Release Candidates.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by laszloB 6 years ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
relationship.jpg
add_new_esemeny.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I create relationship... then I add new...
(see screenshot)
Save button is do nothing 🙁
(No spinner image)

If I use "Connect existing Esemény" Save is working well and connection is done.

Hi can you try the following troubleshooting steps?
- Make sure all your Toolset plugins are up-to-date. If you use Views, CRED, or Layouts, please make sure you are using the latest beta versions of those plugins too.
- Open the browser console and watch for any JavaScript errors that may appear when you click "Save"
- Temporarily disable all plugins except Types, then activate a default theme like Twenty Seventeen. Try again. If the problem is resolved, reactivate your theme and plugins one by one until the conflict is revealed
- If the problem was not resolved, please activate server logs and test again. If you are not familiar with server logs, I can show you how to enable them. Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Then add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

Then refresh the page and test the Save button again. If any server-side errors are generated, this will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents. Once that is done, you can revert the changes you made to wp-config.php.

save_error.jpg

Hi
Browser consol sad: "ReferenceError: tinyMCE is not defined"
I try temporarily disable all plugins and activate default theme... same error 🙁

Okay thanks for testing. I did some research and it appears this issue has been reported already to our developers and will be resolved in the next release of the M2M plugins. We hope to make that version available very soon, and I will update you here when that is ready to download. Thanks for your patience.

Hi, just a quick update to let you know that a new Release Candidate version has been published and is ready for you to review. It includes a fix for this problem, so please update to the latest RC's and let me know if you continue to experience the issue.

post-type-can-not.jpg
relationship.jpg

Save button working after plugin update! 🙂

But now "add new..." and "Connect existing..." buttons causes this error message:
"Post type Esemény can not be used in a relationship."

New threads created by Christian Cox and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/m2m-error-post-type-can-not-be-used-in-a-relationship/

Okay, I will split that into another ticket because the original issue was about resolving the tinyMCE error.

Resolved

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.