Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Save and close button disappeared

This support ticket is created 6 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 6 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 15.44.08.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 15.43.45.png

I have the same issue as in this solved thread from 2 years ago: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/serious-bug-in-layouts-edit-view/

The modal frame in the Layouts admin editor does not scroll down far enough for me to see the 'Save and Close' button, so I cannot save my edits. The only workaround I've found, that sometimes works, is to use the browser zoom to enlarge the content, then the button sometimes reappears. This is happening on Chrome and Firefox for Mac, and I'm using the latest toolset plugins. I've attached a screengrab showing the missing button area, plus one that shows how I managed to get it back by zooming in. Is there a fix for this?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Gary,

Thanks for contacting our support forum.

Could you provide me with the exact steps on how to replicate this issue that I can test it out here on my localhost to try and replicate.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane, thanks for getting back so quickly.

I installed the Toolset Training site into a localhost clean install of WordPress and was working through the training instructions on the Toolset site. I first noticed the issue when working on the 'template for services' layout in the Layouts plugin. I was adding a View cell into the bottom of the layout to display the service blocks. When I opened the View parameters window and scrolled to the bottom of the page, the blue Save button at the bottom of the screen had disappeared (see Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 15.43.45.png in the previous post). I didn't realise this at first and kept clicking the 'X' in the top right of the window and losing my settings. It's like the side scrollbar won't scroll down far enough. I was using Chrome Version 54.0.2840.98 (64-bit) for Mac and Firefox 54.0 (64-bit) and I found that if I zoomed out to 90% in the browser, the button sometimes reappeared.

Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Gary,

I tried to test this on a fresh install as well and was not able to see the issue.

Would you be to provide me with admin access to this site so that I can have a look at what you're seeing ?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Gary,

Thank you for the credentials.

I was not able to notice this unless a specific condition is met where I would reduce the window size and then expand it again.

Could you let me know if this is what you did.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane, by default I cannot see the button at all. But if I go to View > Zoom Out in the Chrome browser menu the button will appear. If I return the View to Actual Size, the button disappears again.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Gary,

I've checked the site and it looks fine for me.

Could you let me know the resolution of your screen as this could be the issue.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane, its a 27" iMac with a Resolution of: 2560 x 1440

Shane
Supporter

Hi Gary,

The most I can do here is to ask another colleague to check on this for me, as i'm able to see the buttons normally.

Thanks,
Shane

No worries Shane, I guess it's just one of those individual things. I'll install it on a laptop and see if it is something to do with the screen resolution.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Gary,

I ran through the issue again, checking it at various zoom levels for chrome and each time the button re-adjusts to fit the size of my screen.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks Shane, it must be my machine then.

Just to show you exactly what happens on my computer, I screen captured going into a View window and recording what the window scroll looks like, and how it stops short of displaying the save button, see link below.

hidden link

Thanks for looking into it anyway.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Gary,

I was able to see the video however you should be able to still scroll your page itself as it could be that your screen area is too small to show everything.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane, yeah, that's the issue. The screen doesn't scroll down far enough to reach the bottom of the panel.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Gary,

This is unfortunate as i'm not able to replicate the issue at all. I've tried on a different pc and discussed with a colleague and we were able to see it.

I would recommend that you just change the zoom rate of the window so it shows up.

Thank,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.