Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Sanity check: sudden cap on # of custom-post-type being displayed in wp-admin

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by catherineK 3 years, 11 months ago.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

This is very strange and may not be anything to do with Toolset but I need to ask for due diligence and urgency of the issue.

This is the official Maryland Lottery website. We have a custom post type on this site, Drawings. They are created multiple times a day. At a rough guess, this morning, there would have been 3,945 or so entries.

Today, a Drawing was accidentally entered twice. This has happened from time to time. Upon deletion of the duplicate drawing, the website is only displaying the first 3,800 entries (not the most recent 3,800 entries) in wp-admin; wordpress scripts that request the most recent entries start at entry #3,800. Effectively, this means that we are showing the most recent drawing as being from February instead of today.

Looking at the database, the "missing" posts still exist in wp_posts. Additionally, the wordpress admin has no issue showing that there are 4,523 standard Posts, so there is nothing system-wide that is interesting about the number 3,800. It just strikes me as very strange that this is a round number.

I reach out to you because all of the drawings that are "missing" still exist in wp_posts, and I have never experienced anything like this. We have obviously deleted posts of this type before with no issue. If you happen to know what is specifically causing this, that would be amazing, but I am not really expecting that and am more reaching out to ask if your team has ever even heard of a similar issue to point me in the right direction.

Due to the legal requirements of handling the data, I am unable to grant access or do things like attempt to add or delete additional posts, so I deeply apologize for the vagueness of the request, but I thought it would be worth a shot to see if this rings any bells at all to a similar issue anyone has asked about.

I can confirm that this had nothing to do with Toolset - it was a rogue issue with a Post Order plugin getting triggered while the list was filtered by author.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.