Skip Navigation

[Resolved] restrict access via php

This support ticket is created 7 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nelsonT-2 7 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi,

I've built a web site with an older version of Access. At the time, we needed to put the shortcode manually to restrict access to certain portions of a page (or just show certain portions)...

The problem I have is that I need to show a widget only to logged in users. The widget is called directly inside the php code (at the time, my partners used to create a custom WP template for every specific need they had).

So, I need a php code to only show that widget when people are logged in (or are not guess, if it's easier)...

Here's the PHP code:

<div id="calendrier">
         	 <?php echo CALENDAR(); ?>    
        	<a href="?page_id=20" class="lienBrun">voir tous les évènements ></a>
        </div>

I have no problem going in the code to change something, but I don't know wich element to use... Isn't there any API reference or similar (just like with Views) to know how to use Access or what are the available functions and properties?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Nelson,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

You can resolve this by using this code.

<?php 
if(is_user_logged_in()){ ?>  
<div id="calendrier">
             <?php echo CALENDAR(); ?>    
            <a href="?page_id=20" class="lienBrun">voir tous les évènements ></a>
        </div>
 <?php 
} ?>  

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Thank you.

I saw this code also after (did a Google search)... I was just thinking that Access had something built-in (since that's regular WP code)...

So, anyway, thank you and I hope it will help others.

Nelson

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.