Skip Navigation

[Resolved] & replaced by #038;

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nabils 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Hi
I added this shortcode to a view:
[cred_link_user_form form='985' post="[wpv-user field="ID"]" form_name='Fill credits by admin' text='Edit %TITLE%' target='_self' ]
But when I click on the link from the front end, I get:
hidden link
instead of:
hidden link
I checked similar problems in the forum but it was said that this was fixed with the new releases.
I am using Enfold/ CRED 1.6 / Types 2.0.1 / Views 2.0
Your help is appreciated!

First of all, when you nest ShortCodes in HTML or other ShortCodes, you always must use Single Quotes:
Use [wpv-user field='ID'] instead of [wpv-user field="ID"]

But despite that, this works just fine.

I do not know of any BUG producing a wrong URL (& replacement)

Also, the URL seems weird to me.

It should look like this:
your-site.com/page-with-view/?cred-edit-user-form=3596&user_id=38

This behaviour is not expected.

Can you elaborate how I can reproduce this Problem?

Hi
Thank you for the quick answer. Actually it was correct [wpv-user field='ID'] in my code, but as you said the url is weird. I changed the premalink settings from Plain to Post name and my issue disappeared. So the strange behaviour was due to the premalink Plain in WordPress settings. I think I will move to Post name setting if this is the only way to solve my problem.
Thank you

I should have recognised that, my bad.

Yes, please do use others than the plain Permalink.

Many things won't work properly if you use Plain Permalink, and also you have a much nicer URL with as example "post name".

I'm happy you could find the problem and solve it.

Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.