Skip Navigation

[Resolved] reopen old ticket

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by robertv-3 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi,

I had a problem with preview images in the media library, when I deactivated Types the problem is solved.
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/no-image-preview-in-image-library-after-update-types/page/3/

Please be careful, because the website was down for 3 weeks, and everybody is a little bit jumpy.
Send me a private so I can send you the login

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Robert,

I've enabled the private fields for you.

As you say the issue only occurs on this site as your other sites work fine. This leads me to suspect the issue is the site itself.

Also was the SSL issue addressed?

Finally remember that if the SSL only covers 1 domain then only that domain will have a valid certificate. If it is a sub domain then the SSL validation will fail.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

no ssl.PNG

Hi Robert,

The test sub domain still doesn't have a valid certificate. If you take a look at my screenshot

You will see the Not Secure message in my browser.

What this essentially means is the the Certificate is not valid. Given that it works on the main domain but not the Sub Domain then this needs to be resolved.

This is essentially the same wordpress instance with the only difference being the ssl certificate validation.

Thanks,
Shane

Sorry, wrong website, the live site is.
hidden link, same login

Shane
Supporter

Hi Robert,

Thank you for the website link.

I checked the site and the error being that is thrown is completely different from that of the test site from before.

Would it be possible to get FTP access for this site to enable the wordpress debugging ?

When uploading the image a PHP error is being thrown but this is hidden because the wordpress debugger is not enabled.

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Robert,

Thanks for this site I was able to see that the error here is being thrown

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'if' (T_IF) in /var/www/vhosts/latraco.eu/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/classes/validation-cakephp.php on line 543

This warrants some further investigation, but i'm unable to create a copy of the site to do the further checks.

I do however notice that your version of wordpress is outdated and this is one of the steps that I would've taken to see if it would resolve the issue.

Secondly I would try to disable all the non-toolset plugins on this site and check back to see if the error remains. Given the nature of the error a report to our team would be needed but I would need to ensure that the issue doesn't occur on the latest version of wordpress or with all the non-toolset plugins disabled.

If you're able to quickly confirm that the issue still remains then we can go from there.

Thanks,
Shane

You can use the site hidden link for this, same login as latraco.eu.
Same set up as xtrawarmled.com
This is a test site so here you can disable all the non-toolset plugins.

I don't want to use xtrawarmled.com for this.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Robert,

I know that we can use this site for a test.

The problem is that this test site's issue is completely different from the one with the fatal error issue.

Using that site would not give us a true representation of the actual issue at hand. On the test site i can say the issue is with the SSL certificate but on the hidden link the SSL is working correctly.

I do however see the same error 500 on the async-upload.php file. What I need for you to do for me is to update to the latest version of wordpress. Version 5.4

I would like to ensure that before we proceed we are running on the latest version of wordpress. I will see how best I can work with the test site.

Given that its a multi-site instance updating wordpress will update it for all your sites.

Thanks,
Shane

I updated the website to 5.4 problem remains

Shane
Supporter

Hi Robert,

I was able to resolve the issue by checking the stack trace of the error and found what exactly was causing it.

I've resolved the issue and your files should now upload without any issues at all.

Not sure why this error was there on your particular plugin install but on a fresh download the issue isn't there.

Thanks you for your patience on this as your uploads should now be working.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks Shane!
It's so good to have good support on plugin and your support is excellent!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.