Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Reopen: don't show results until a filter is applied

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi, in a previous thread https://toolset.com/forums/topic/dont-show-results-until-a-filter-is-applied/ you fixed me about not show results until the filter is applied. I took it for granted but now I see that not all the results are displayed when the filter is applied, specifically view 330 is not displayed (under the selected year only the title is visible and not the repetitive field created with view 330).
Can you help me? Let me know. Thanks!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Do you mean repeating field or repeating field group?

Can you please share details - What things you want to display with what page? What is working or not working exactly, what is your expected results.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Can you please check now:
- hidden link

The issue was - you have the following view that is used to display the repeating field group "Reports" and you set this view to Order By the custom field "Report Priority":
- hidden link

The catch here is when you set the view to order by custom field - it will only display the results where the value is set for the custom field which you set your view to display results order by.

When I checked the repeating field group entry in the backend:
- hidden link

The repeating field group item "Announcement" there was no value setup for the field "Report Priority". I just added the value 1 to that field and save the above post and I can see it working as expected.

That was it...! Thank you Minesh!

marF confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-03-27 16:49:42.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.