Skip Navigation

[Resolved] render_view_template doesn't not resolve shortcodes

This support ticket is created 6 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Content template displayed on site.png
Content template using render_view_template.png

I have a content template for an invoice which contains a view for each line item. When I display the content template on the site, then it works perfectly. If I use render_view_template to display the template, then everything is output correctly, except for a few custom shortcodes that I have added to the page. On the site these shortcodes output values correctly, using render_view_template, the shortcodes are output as text.

I've attached two images, one shows the content template displayed on the site, and the other the php rendered template output.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Simon,

Thanks for contacting our support forum.

I just tried testing this with a custom shortcode and it works on my end. Would you mind if I checked on the template file that this was added to ?

I would like o just trace through the implementation to ensure that its done correctly since i'm not able to replicate.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.