Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Rename built-in post type (slug and labels)

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jiriK-2 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Hello, I would like to rename a built-in post type slug of the default WordPress post type hidden link mainly because I need to show a post-type field's name on the homepage hidden link

I don't know if this is related, but at the beginning, I made an import of the content from Drupal to WordPress and now there are already many hundred posts imported (with a "post" and aslo "page" slug). As I mentioned, I need to rename it, but I also don't want to lose all the posts after that.

Normally I would use WPML for that, but this site is not going to be translated to other languages so there is no reason for using such a huge solution.

I don't know if the solution is in Toolset settings of if I need to use some code in functions.php.

Many thanks for your help and a suggestion!
Best,
Jiri.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jirik,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Unfortunately you won't be able to change the slug of the default post types with Toolset.

Based on the text your wordpress language is English. The only way to change the slug is to translate it with WPML.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shany,
thanks for your reply, the point is, that my WP language is Czech, not English... So does WPML solve even this issue? Any other idea, please?

Thanks!
Jiri

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jiri,

Yes I believe it is possible with WPML as WPML allows you to localize your website in the language that you want to use it in.

However I would recommend getting in touch with the WPML team to ensure that it can be done without translating the entire site.

My knowledge on WPML translation is limited but our WPML is always ready to handle questions like this.

Thanks,
Shane

OK, I will try to fix it with WPML. Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.