Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Removing a Query filter from a view

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user wanted to delete the query filters on their block view.

Solution:

This can be done by going to the query filter section of your view and then click on the delete button next to the query filter you want to remove.

This support ticket is created 2 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by AndreG3332 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Good day,

I have a page where I added a view to creating an archive view for "members". I have added a custom field filter and a taxonomy filter however after I added the taxonomy filter I get a zero results screen. I tried to delete the filter but it does not delete it. It stays on the view.

I have no problem granting access should you need to have a look.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Andre,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Yes please provide me with admin access to the site so that I can have a look to see what is happening here.

I've enabled the private fields.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Andre,

I've removed the filters from the view however it appears to still not work correctly as the view is still not generating any results on the frontend.

Would it be ok if I did some debugging by temporarily disabling all your non-toolset plugins ?

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

You are welcome and it will be highly appreciated. All we ask is that you put the site under maintenance (admin bar top) while you are busy and obviously do not disable the maintenance plugin also. A further error I encountered when I tried to create a new "new-find editors page" did the same and then it breaks the site with a 503 error. If you view the page it will give the error. I was using the exact same method on the new one just without the filters and it is breaking the site.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Andre,

I found the issue and the view should be working fine now. IT turns out that you had a sorting for the last name on the view, however it was using the wrong custom field for the surname, see the debug below.

[meta_key] => wpcf-test_surname
    [orderby] => meta_value
    [order] => desc
    [wpv_orderby] => meta_value
    [wpv_order] => desc

Since the wpcf-test_surname custom field is not on the post type there isn't anything for the view to sort by hence it was returning no results.

You will need to re-add your search elements given that they were removed for the tests.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.