Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Remove image caption section

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nadavL 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi,

I have this simple page on which I want to display a grid of images. Clicking the image will link to the relevant post.

The page URL: hidden link

As you can see, I have space between the rows that I'm unable to remove. I'm pretty sure it's related to the caption but can't remove this gap with CSS.
Could you please advise what to do to resolve this?

In addition, if possible, I would like the image to be in grayscale and on mouse hover display in full color. Is this possible with Toolset view?

Thanks in advance,
Nadav

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Nadav,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Can you perhaps provide a screenshot of the image area with the issue as the spacing between the images appear fine to me.
In addition, if possible, I would like the image to be in grayscale and on mouse hover display in full color. Is this possible with Toolset view?

This is something that is not possible with views. This will require a custom solution to achieve. I went ahead and did a quick search for solutions and found the one below.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7273927/image-greyscale-with-css-re-color-on-mouse-over

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Screenshot 2022-07-13 092435.jpg

Hi Shane,

The grayscale to color link you sent is awesome, and it works perfectly.

About the spacing, please see attached image. It also shows the caption, even though it's marked as no caption in the setting (but this is a known issue I experienced on other Toolset views and removed with CSS).

Thanks,
Nadav

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nadav,

Perhaps you can try this to remove the caption.

figcaption{
display: none;
}

Once you've done that we can work on reducing the space.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi,

That didn't work for some reason, but I've added the following code, and the caption is now removed:

.tb-image-caption {
display: none;
}

I still have space I wish to remove.

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nadav,

For the space try using this css.

.wp-block-image{
margin-bottom: -23px;
}

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.