Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Relationships Stopped Working On New Posts

This support ticket is created 2 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 1.40.48 PM.png

I am trying to: Add a coupon to a business. These post types were previously working in a relationship of 1 to many. That relationship still is shown under relationships.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see: Under the coupons tab I expected to see the coupon listed for this business (it is listed under the coupons section here hidden link "TESTYTYT")

Instead, I got: No coupon in the the business, and when editing that coupon post...it does not show that the relationship was formed connecting it to the business. This was previously working, and I have not checked it in a while but maybe 6 months ago. I didn't change any settings. Now it is not working.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

We can't really assess what is happening without access to or a copy of your site.

Let me set up a private reply so that we can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for us to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site.

If you have a staging site, so much the better.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello! This is Jamal from Toolset Support. I hope, you wouldn't mind me continuing with you on this ticket.

I logged into your website and I was not able to reproduce the issue with an existing "ROC Business" post. Check this screenshot hidden link

I tried with a newly created post, and I was able to create a new Coupon and to connect an existing coupon. Check this screenshot hidden link

I made all my posts private, so they do not appear on the frontend.

Am I missing something? If yes, please let me know what steps to follow to reproduce the issue.

Hi Jamal - Thank you for looking into this.

I run into the issue when logging in to the front end dashboard:
hidden link

Since you are an admin, you will see all businesses...scroll down a bit until you see the list of businesses and click on ADD Coupon. This will take you to a Toolset form. When you fill it out and submit, it will take you back to the dashboard where there would be a coupon shown and a chance to add another one if desired. Only, it doesn't show. It does add a coupon and you could verify it by looking at the Coupons in the WP-Admin, but does not connect the relationship to the business using that form. It used to.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

www.thisisroc.com_membership-dashboard_.png

Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately, I can't see what you describe on the membership page hidden link
Check the attached image.

So, I inspected the forms and found two that create Coupons. Both forms do not include the relationship field that will ensure the relation between the posts. Check this screenshot hidden link
Then you will have to pass the Business ID to the field. Either using a URL_Parameter, or using a shortcode.
I can't tell which one, I need to see the form on the frontend and check its URL.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.