Skip Navigation

[Resolved] relationship form – show all posts at once

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
relationship form - show all posts at once

Solution:
To display all posts at once using the post relationship form you will require to add the custom code shared with the following reply:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/relationship-form-5/#post-2365715

Relevant Documentation:

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.90 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by yvonneJ 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
backend.JPG
form.JPG

Hi,

I use a realtionship form on my website hidden link
The cpt "nascholingen" contains (refresher) courses. The user can add a 'nascholing' to his or her profile.
It is important for us to know in which year the course took place. So, I added a custom field Jaartal (Year) at the relationship.
In the backend I can fill in this field and make a connection, but my form is not working properly. The list of nascholing does not appear.

Can you please help me with this problem?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Relationship form offers options and based on that you can decide what fields (parent/child) you want to offer the user or as well as where you adding the relationship form.

Can you please tell me where exactly you are adding the form? Are you adding on single post of (parent/child) post type or you created separate page for that?

view.JPG
zorgaanbieder.JPG

Hi Minesh,

I add it to the single post "zorgaanbieder"
For instance hidden link

See the image
1 = Result of the connection
2 = the form

Minesh
Supporter

It seems to see the form I'll have to login.

Can you please send me admin access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Could you please check now: hidden link

The issue was you've added the child as current item but you need to connect child to current parent item.

I've changed the shortcode as given under:

[cred-relationship-form form='toevoegen-scholing' parent_item='$current']

I can see it shows the options now and you can hide the elements as desired using CSS.

list.JPG

Very good, Minesh! It works fine now.
I just have 1 wish.

Since the user can't add new items but have to choose one of the list, this is very hard.
Is there a possibility to show the whole list at once?

Minesh
Supporter

There is no option to customize the relationship form select dropdown due to various reasons. Like think of you are having 5k child posts and then if there is a option to load all at once, it will break your site having said that you will have to compromise with such custom requirement as of now.

However, you can always raise a feature request using the following link, please note that there is no ETA on it:
=> https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

Earlier, there was a solution provided, but unfortunatelly I lost it.
In this site, there will never be a great amount of posts.
I think I asked this on my own account but all posts are deleted when not added in 'my sites'.
So I can't find this back.

Minesh
Supporter

You must be looking for the solution shared with the following ticket if I'm not wrong:
- https://toolset.com/forums/topic/post-relationship-form-select-only-showing-10-items/#post-2208577

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.